Friday, January 18, 2008

The season of bumps and bruises

So the season of bumps and bruises has begun, I am sad to say. Kaylyn has started to take a step or two at a time this week. Big milestone I know! I can't believe it is time for her to start walking already...but that is a post for another day :o). The other night she stood up in front of the entertainment center and misjudged the distance when she was reaching for it and fell into it. She got her first official self induced bruise right above her left eye. In her eyebrow line in fact. It just so happened I had been taking pictures of her standing and stepping so I got some bruise pictures, too...after I comforted her of course.



This picture was taken just before the fall.

She is still a cutie even with the bruise. Some other milestones she has achieved recently, saying uh oh when she drops something, whether by accident or on purpose. She has been able to blow kisses and wave byebye for a while now. She can say mama and dada but she says dada more :o(. And I think she has started to say 'that'. She shakes her head yes and no. She can drink out of a sippy cup and a straw. She weighs over 22 lb and is right at 30 inches long/tall. She is 11 months Monday. How much they change the first year.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Ouch, that looks like it hurt.

Anonymous said...

i LOVE it when they start walking. I have the funniest pic, I'll have to post. I get so nervous!