Thursday, January 24, 2008

chronic ear infection...

Okay...I just want to vent a little. Dec. 18 Grant had surgery to get his 4th set of tubes. Two weeks ago he got an ear infection in his left ear. We went to the dr. and she gave us ear drops. they seemed to work. Then last night he and we were up half the night...until I finally just gave him some tylenol...10 minutes later we were all asleep...man that stuff works fast for him. I just wish I had given it to him 5 hours earlier! Anyway, you see I had no idea what was wrong all last night, even after asking him 20 times what hurts, what it wrong...blah blah blah. He still can't tell us. You would think as many times as he has had an ear infection that would be the first thing I check...well, I guess you can tell I am a real slow learner, especially at 4 am. I didn't know until he got up this morning and I was getting him ready for school that his left ear was draining again. So I call the dr. and can't get him in until tomorrow but we still have some drops left from last week so we start those again. WELL, guess what, I noticed at dinner his right ear was draining now too! How frustrating. And it is even more worrisome since he is at higher risk of getting meningitis because of his CI. But we are starting him on allergy shots tomorrow so...I am hoping that will take care of this reoccurring problem. I guess we will see in about a month or so. Please pray the allergy shots work!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor little man! What's the update?