Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!!!

Well, it has been a very busy and quick passing two and a half weeks. I can believe it is 2008 already. I knew it would happen like this...it always does. Just so fast, a whirlwind really. But we did have a good time with Kenny and I being off the whole time. Spending time with family, friends, watching the kids, making memories and setting traditions, and, of course, taking pictures :o).
The week before Christmas Grant has surgery for new ear tubes. The surgery was quick and uneventful, and Grant was running around like nothing ever happened. We spent time with Kenny's family that week as well.
Then Christmas week everyone started getting sick. My mom had been sick for 2 weeks and was still sick. Kaylyn started with a cough on the Sunday before Christmas and I started with a fever on Wednesday. Took Kaylyn to the Dr on Thursday since she has started to get a runny nose, she has bronchitis. I went to the Dr on Friday because I wasn't getting better either. Kenny took Grant to see Alvin and the Chipmunks so that Kaylyn and I could rest. Then Friday night Grant started throwing up. Stomach bug or food poisoning? Not really sure. But it started about 8:30pm and he threw about twice an hour until 5am when I finally remembered we still have some phenegran suppositories in the fridge. He then slept for about 6 hours but I didn't. It was time for Kaylyn to wake up and of course she was ready to eat. I did get a little shut eye while I was nursing her though. Then on Sunday morning I get a call from my bil saying they are on the way to the emergency room with my nephew Keenan, he had a bad cough and labored breathing. Turned out that he has Croup. And my mom's family was all getting together on Sunday afternoon for Christmas. So, poor Keenan had to miss out on all the festivities and Bethany and Chad took turns coming over to visit.
On Sunday night Kenny's mom came to visit and stayed with us until Tuesday late afternoon. We all went over to my mom and dad's for dinner on New Year's eve and played cards but we came home before midnight so we could get the kids ready for bed...but they ended up staying up until the ball dropped anyway. Well Kaylyn didn't make it she was asleep in my arms. And we all slept in this morning :o).
Jan. 2nd...Kenny goes back to work and Grant goes back to school! Break is over...for some of us :o). The residents don't come back until next Sunday...so I still have a week and a half before things get back in full swing for me.
And over the break Kaylyn has gotten one 'step' closer to walking. She is now standing alone for a few seconds at a time.
Well, that is my update from my last post. I hope everyone is well and will be blessed with a happy and wonderful New Year!

0 comments: