Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!


Can you tell that Grant picked out his own pumpkin and I picked Kaylyn's. I was surprised that Grant's even sat upright since it is way smaller at the bottom and very uneven. At the pumpkin patch he was gathering all the pumpkins and putting them in a pile, we finally got him to pick just one.

Well, after a two week hiatus, I am back. It has been a busy time. The kids have been sick and it is now time to start getting the rooming assignments ready for the Spring semester. And my camera has had a dead battery so that is my excuse for not having a new post for two weeks...I mean who is interested in a post that doesn't have any pictures! So I thought I would share a few pics from our Thanksgiving Day (I got some new batteries from mom's house :o)). It is Kaylyn's first. My parents were out of town so it was just my family and my sister's family. And the guys decided they would cook our Thanksgiving feast. Here is a pic of our dinner table...

We had turkey, dressing, gravy, sweet potatoes, macaroni, corn, peas, dressed eggs, cranberry sauce, rolls, and pumpkin pie.
They did good. :o)

Kaylyn enjoyed her first Thanksgiving meal. I'm not sure if you can tell but she has macaroni on her face. And she ended up with peas in her hair.

Here she is in her First Thanksgiving bib...she was eating her cereal. Isn't she a cutie!

Here is a random pic of Grant...I'm not sure why he was doing this except to just show that he could...it must be a boy thing...

The next two pics are random as well...I guess just to show how well Kaylyn is getting around these days.Kaylyn has quickly improved her climbing skills. She can climb up our stairs with very little effort. She thinks where ever her big brother goes she can go too. So, we have been blocking the stairs off with the couch until we can get a new gate for the bottom.


I just had to add this one...we had just gotten home from my parents house and she had fallen asleep...she must have been turning her head alot...I of course had to take a pic...it was just too sweet to pass up.

Well, there you go...it was a rather random post...but at least it is just that, a post. And I will try to do better for those of you who were tired of looking at the same post for two weeks :o).

Hope you all had a happy thankful turkey day!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, the guys cooked dinner! Impressive. The hat picture is so cute. She was just keeping the sun out of her eyes.

Anonymous said...

Love it! The hat pic is cracking me up!