Friday, July 11, 2008

the 4th and other things...

Okay, so I don't really have an excuse for not posting ...I can say I was so busy, but really it was basic laziness. Kenny and I have been catching up on the past 3 seasons of HOUSE...one of my new favorite shows. Kenny got us the dvd's of the 3 seasons for our anniversary.
So anyway.... I am going to share a lot of pics because that is what most people want and because I really don't have anything interesting to say...
Here are a couple of pics from Kaylyn's ear tube surgery...before
and after...

Our friend Chrystal invited us to a birthday party for her husband Bobby and while we were there Grant got to climb a tree for the first time. He had such a good time and was so proud!
Okay, so these pictures are just funny...they crack me up so I thought I would share...
I think they were watching Sponge Bob...Grant's pic makes me laugh every time I see it and Kaylyn's, well she is just cute as a button...
Here are some pics of our 4th of July. We went to the parade that morning but got rained on so I don't have any pics. I should have taken pics of us looking like drowned rats. My sis and I took our kids to watch the parade. Kenny and Chad were driving cars for people in the parade and they were nice and dry. Bethany and Chad came over to our place to dry off and dry their clothes before we went to a friends cookout for lunch. Then we came home for naps and then out to my parents house for supper. We ended the evening at our church for ice cream sundaes and fireworks. We have a good view of the city fireworks show from the church parking lot.
Bethany and her family had matching shirts, Micah did not make it in the pic he was sleeping...
Everyone was getting in on the Guitar Hero action. Even Kaylyn tried it on for size.
Grant watched as the neighbors set off their fireworks.
Another first for Grant, SPARKLERS! I was very nervous about letting him hold it. Some friends brought them and I told Kenny he had to be right there with him so he doesn't get burned or burn someone. Grant had fun twirling it around.
Grant and another boy from church, Andrew were really enjoying the fireworks. Kaylyn was really enjoying the ice cream...and afterwards the spoon.
After the fireworks I asked my mom to take a picture of us before we left. Well, it is really hard to take a picture with a digital camera in the dark... so this is the best shot we were able to get.
I still like the pic even though our heads a chopped off :o)
Well, I guess that is all I am going to try to cram into this post. Hope you enjoyed :o).

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pics with your heads cut off is hilarious, but very cute! How'd Kaylyn do with her surgery?