Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter...a post crammed full of pictures :o).

We had a great Easter. Kenny was off Friday and Monday so it was nice to have that family time. Kenny's mom came to visit Friday and spent the night with us. We had a good visit. Then Saturday night I dyed eggs with Grant. He had so much fun with it. And he was so proud of the finished product.

Then we got up Sunday morning and get ready for church. The kids got their Easter baskets before we left. We had a good service at church and we participated in a passover meal.
After church there was an egg hunt for the kiddos. They had the egg hunt in the open field next to the church. It was divided it to 3 age groups and they had 1300 eggs! You can kind of tell in the picture below how the ground was heavily dotted with color.
Grant found one of the golden eggs (with just a little help from mommy :o))
I was able to get some good pics of the kiddos while they were still in their Easter Sunday best :o).
After all that we went to my parents house and stayed there until after dinner. Mom had Easter baskets for the kids too.
Grant got a mini bowling set and he really liked it.

Once again I managed to not get a single picture of myself...oh well, it was more fun to take pictures of the kiddos. And I hate having to ask someone to take pictures of me. Well, I'll get a pic or two of me next time...maybe when we go to the zoo on Friday :o).

I hope everyone had a good Easter celebrating and praising God for the sacrifice he made for us so that we could have the opportunity to become his child.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are great pictures! I love the one of Grant kissing his sister. In one for the pics Kaylyn almost looks like she's got red hair!

Anonymous said...

Love the new blog look! How'd you do that?

PIcs are adorable! I love the one of them kissing. They'll hate you for that later, but it's so sweet!

I think I bought LIzzy the same coat for winter next year. :)