Friday, February 6, 2009

Bedtime stories

Post #2
Bedtime routine
One of my favorite parts of the kids bedtime routine is that story time. Here are a couple of pictures of the kids 'reading' a book together, this was unprompted, unscripted and uninterrupted. Just one of the times they were in close proximity and not fighting or picking at each other. I had to take a picture to have proof that they actually can get along.




Since we moved out of the dorm we have gotten away from this routine but as normalcy begins to set in we will return once again to the full length bedtime routine instead of the abbreviated just put on your jammies, take your medicine, kiss and hug, hurry up and fall asleep routine.
Adjustments to our 'new' way of life have come very easy for the most part. The unpacking of the non-essentials has gone very slowly but is starting to come along as we have more moments of I remember packing 'this' now where is it...and then the search is on to find that one item. However, during the search you find other things and think I really should put this were it belongs (and proceed to find that place of logical belonging since you had not yet planned for this 'whatever' to have a place in your 'organized' grand scheme of things). So the search for that one thing takes way longer, sometimes to no avail but at least the search was not totally in vain since you did manage to 'find' that other thing that you were not even looking for.
God's plan for us is so much better than I ever dreamed it could be. I am so thankful that He loves me so much that He truly cares about the 'little' things in life. We have been blessed beyond measure and I pray that as my cup is filled to overflowing that blessings my spill out on everyone around me so that they may know that my God cares about the little things in their life too.
Don't worry there is still more yet to come!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you love your new place! I bet it's sooooo nice to have more room!