Saturday, February 7, 2009

Christmas...seems like so long ago

I found this post still saved as a draft....wow...how the kids have changed...I thought I would share it now...why let all this work go to waste right :o)

Post #3
Christmas, Christmas everywhere
I am just going to do a recap of our Christmas festivities and get together's and hopefully take up less space than trying to cover them individually...
This first picture is of the only decorations I managed to put up/out since we made the decision that we were moving Dec. 20th. It was a set of 4 snowman lights.
The kids did get to see Santa and even sat in his lap! That was a big shock to me that they actually got anywhere close to the strange man in the red suit, we have not had much luck with Santa visits in the past. Kaylyn even took a close up pic of Santa after she managed to whisk my camera out of my hands at Grant's school musical.
I managed to get a little more proof of Grant and Kaylyn actually acting like they love each other. They posed for a quick photo after the musical.
Here are a couple of pics of the kids playing with their favorite toys from gift opening on Christmas Eve (my mom's family get together). Kaylyn got a set of dishes.
Grant got a dinosaur play set with carrying case that unzips and can be used as a play mat. He loves dinosaur anything, toys, books, clothes, all the above.
Next was Christmas Day. Santa was way good to them, that is for sure! Grant was up and in the family room before we knew it. He could not/would not wait for Kaylyn to wake up. So he got to pick one toy to get out of the box while we were waiting for Kaylyn.
Here is a picture of the rest of the loot. Grant and Kaylyn each got 3 gifts from Santa and 3 wrapped gifts from mommy and daddy plus stocking stuffers. I know the picture below has more than that but that is because we were already staying at my mom and dad's at that point and you see Santa stops by there too...if you know what I mean :o). Plus, Grant had already gotten into his gifts at this point...
After Kaylyn got up they got to open all their presents.
Kaylyn some how managed to climb into her baby doll's pack'n'play...it is a wonder she didn't bust the bottom out, the little chunky monkey!
Just one of the many highlights of staying at nanny and papa's house, the hot tub!
Here is one of Kaylyn's favorite new toys, a kitchen set. It keeps her busy for a good long time.

1 comments:

Teaque said...

ahh haven't heard from you in a long time!! Hope you all are doing well!