Friday, September 12, 2008

Just because...

Okay, so I haven't uploaded the pictures from Grant's party yet, but I will soon. So, I can share some other pics...just because I have not been posting doesn't mean I have not been taking pics.

Here are some pics from when we were at a friends house in Louisville...okay so the pics are from July...but you have not seen them. It was the first time Kaylyn had been in a swimming pool. Grant, of course, loved it and was ready to jump right in. It took Kaylyn a little bit to warm up to it but then she loved it too.
Kaylyn kept pulling out her ear plugs...maybe they didn't fit just right...
Here she is all kicked back after we got out.
The next weekend we went to a friends house here in C-ville Grant and Kaylyn were both ready to jump right in but Keenan was not so willing.
The water was a little chilly that day but we had a good time :o).
Keenan preferred to play on the deck while we were in the water.
Grant had a great time jumping off the ladder. He made sure he wasn't going under though, as you can tell. He had a life vest and water ring around his waist.
Here is Kaylyn and my dad making faces at each other...it was funny to me so I thought I would share...
Kaylyn must have been tuckered out from a long day of playing, she fell asleep after dinner, I had not even had a chance to clean her up yet.
Kaylyn is playing peek-a-boo with our friend, TJ.
Here is Grant sitting on TJ's bike, he can barely reach the handle bars but he liked sitting up on it.
Posing for the camera...see what living on a college campus has done for him...the girls try to teach the kids to say things like holla, peace and do things like throw the deuces. here is Grant's first spontaneous attempt to throw the deuces.
And here is his second attempt...not bad...Amanda Ford and Brittany Hall would be so proud :o). Thanks girls....
Every time the camera is pointed at Kaylyn she is all cheese...or ham...or maybe ham and cheese...:o)
One night during Welcome Week at school they had a Snack Attack night...it was a huge success. Several different vendors/restaurants were there with samples of their food and you got to go to as many booths as you wanted. The gym was full of booths. Even Summer Snow was there...so we all got some. Well, Grant got to choose his own flavor...I'm sure you can tell by the picture what color he chose
I chose for Kaylyn, she had a light pink one, Bubblegum flavored.
He kept wanting me to take a picture of him so he could see his mouth and how vlue (blue) it was...
And I just really liked this picture of Kaylyn, I think it may have something to do with the straight lines of the bike frame...
When Walmart started marking down all of their patio furniture my eye spied this swing. I had been wanting one since last summer so I was able to talk Kenny into getting. And we love it! It has a canopy and a round table attached to each side. It barely fits on our porch but it was worth it. Some days after lunch Kaylyn and I will sit and swing until she falls asleep.
I'll end this post with a few pictures from our trip to Louisville a few weeks ago. Grant was playing with Cody and a few of the kids from the neighborhood. It is the first time I have seen Grant play a game with other kids. To me it was a real milestone, so, of course, I had to take some pics.
They were playing Go Fish. Do you have any of these?
It seems they were all getting along.
And here is what was going on inside while the big boys were outside... Kenny's mom, Robyn, was sticking a Nerf dart to Steven's forehead and both Steven and Kaylyn would laugh. Steven would turn around to look at himself and it would fall off so the whole thing would start again.
In case you were wondering, Steven is 2 1/2 months older that Kaylyn.
Well, this I'm sure is one of the longest posts I have made...but somehow most of my post are long, probably too long. But I know Memaw enjoys seeing the pics of the kiddos, and heck, I just like to show off the cutie pies...I mean why else would I take so many pictures. Heaven knows I could never scrap that many even if I live to be 100. So, I have to find other ways to share, so I guess you'll just have to deal with long, takes me all day to put together, posts :o).
Anyway, there will be more to come soon!

0 comments: