Friday, December 14, 2007

Christmas Break here we come!!!

Woohoo! How exciting to start seeing signs of students leaving :o). I love the residents, the atmosphere and the social interaction but a break is always nice too. And everyone was especially looking forward to the end of this semester. This week has been particularly stressful since we had a student/assistant coach to pass away suddenly on Monday. Doris Wefwafwa from Kenya. She was a beacon of light, full of God's love. She was always smiling and everytime you talked with her she would say "God bless you" many times and mean it everytime. She will be greatly missed.


This has been uniquely hard semester, starting and ending on the same note...mourning the death of a student. So, yes, this break is much needed for many. It will be very nice to spend time as a family since Kenny will be off work as well. I hope we will take advantage of the time and make some good family memories.

So, after thinking about it...I realized I never shared this pics. I took this one Sunday after church in my pastor's front yard. Grant ran out and jumped in the leaves as we were leaving and I just happened to have the camera in the diaper bag so I was able to get some good shots of both kiddos.

Grant was wanting Kaylyn to have fun too. He was throwing handfuls of leaves at her.

0 comments: