Monday, December 10, 2007

15 days...what a whirlwind!

So starts the whirlwind of the next two weeks for us. This week is finals week so the campus is a chaotic place to be. The tests are the easy part. It's all the cleaning and packing and moving that has to be done by Friday that is the crazy part. Plus my RA's and I have planned stressbusters for each night to be kind of like a study break for the residents of the Village. I am really looking forward to a lower level of stress for a few weeks.
So, my Mountaineer is in the shop getting the breaks looked at, the ABS light has been coming on for about a week now. I am really hoping it is the back breaks...that will be a much lighter hit on the pocket book. And I really hope it is done today because we are supposed to be taking it to get it repainted tomorrow...the paint started flaking off the hood about 2 months ago. The guy that sold it to us has offered to help us out and is getting it repainted for us...Thank you God and thank you Terry :o).
And of course, we have all these Christmas parties. Then next week Grant has surgery to get new tubes in his ears. And we will stay in Louisville all week to spend time with Kenny's family. We will come back Saturday around lunch time and go to church for Christmas play practice. The play is Sunday morning then Monday we will be having a family get together at my parents house...eat, play games, gifts...the whole 9 yards. Then Christmas Day is here...I hope it doesn't go quite so fast. I would like to enjoy it and not just rush through it.
Well, with all of the things that are going on this week I also have to find time to get the kids picture made for our Christmas cards, which I also need to get out before we leave in a week..., wrap all our gifts, pack suitcases, and unfortunately I'm sure there are other things I am forgetting about right now.
I guess I type all this to say that the countdown has begun.
Take the time to enjoy this Christmas season!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, that sounds terrible. Um, I mean... Merry Christmas!

Nate is getting his second set of tubes Wednesday. I'm getting nervous again. :(