Monday, April 13, 2009

How do you get a 2 yr old to smile in a portrait studio?

If anyone has a fool proof plan for that let me know...because so far I am 0 for 2. It seems something happens around the age of two that causes my children to do the opposite of what I want them to. At least Kaylyn just would not smile, Grant cried and was not happy at all.
We took the kids to Sears on Friday to get some pictures made. I had not taken Kaylyn to get her 2 yr pictures done yet so that was the main focus of Friday's shoot. I also wanted a couple of pictures of the kids together since that is what most family members want. So, we ended up getting a picture CD with our order so I saved the pictures on my computer and was able to edit them the way I wanted to. So, that can be good and bad. We got about 25 shots on the cd, and I now have over 80 because of all the editing I did. I thought I would share I favorites with you.
Oh...you want me to smile? No way!
I am merely amused...
Here Kaylyn, this is how you do it!!! Cheese :o)
This kid loves Easter eggs. He has been talking about them for 2 weeks and drawing them on his art work at school...I should take a picture of his art work....hmmm.
This is one of my favorites.
I am going to hold this smile in if it kills me!
Okay, maybe just a small grin before I get up and run away, again...
Another favorite of mine :o)

And another, Kaylyn in her Easter dress.
Still, just amusing...not funny, I don't care how many times that frog falls off your head!
Yes...that is a Christmas ball ornament she has...so what... :o)
Here is it, the mischievous smile.
What, sit like a lady...you are so silly...almost a full smile.

I made my own big shot picture.
Look how long her hair is getting.
Finally! Success. Boy was I worn out! And very thankful for such a patient photographer. I was pleased after the fact.
I will post an Easter blog soon....I hope :o)

1 comments:

Four Better or Four Worse said...

Even though she didn't give the perfect smile, those are super cute - and you will always have the memories! :P Julia was the same way for her 2 & 3 yr old pictures. For 4 she was a total ham! So soon you will be spending alot more money on pictures because you won't be able to narrow them down! a